Peter W. Brandt (Partner, Bloomington)
Peter was born on 10-25-1955 in Bloomington, Illinois.
Born Bloomington, Illinois, October 25, 1955; admitted to bar, 1983, Illinois. Education: University of Illinois (B.A., 1978); Southern Illinois University (J.D., 1983). Joined law firm in 1983 as an Associate. Became a partner in 1987. Primary office location – Bloomington. Area of concentration – Medical and Professional Liability, Corporate Law. Mr. Brandt has authored numerous articles and book chapters regarding trial practice. He is a frequent lecturer to colleagues on the science of trial advocacy. President of the Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel (President for the year 2000), Editor-in-Chief of the Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel Quarterly Journal, appointed Federal Court Civil Justice Reform Act Committee (1996-1998). Appointed (1997) Illinois Supreme Court Committee for Pattern Jury Instructions (Civil). Recipient of the Exceptional Performance Citation for the Year 2000 from the Defense Research Institute. Voted among Leading Lawyers in Illinois (2003). Member: McLean County, Illinois State and American Bar Associations; Board of Directors, Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel, Chair, Professional Liability Committee; International Association of Defense Trial Counsel; Defense Research Institute, Federation of Insurance and Corporate Counsel. Career summary – Advises clients on a wide range of matters pertaining to Business law and Professional Liability. Civic affiliations – board member, Children’s Foundation, YMCA Board of Directors, Second Presbyterian Church Foundation. Family – Wife, Janice Brandt, Artist. Hobbies – Jogging, skiing, travel.
- Illinois Bar Association (1983 - current)
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel (1983 - current)
- McLean County Bar Association (1983 - current)
- Defense Research Institute (1983 - current)
- McLean County Inns of Court (1999 - current)
- International Association of Defense Counsel (1983 - current)
- Illinois State Bar (1983)
- U.S. Supreme Court (1999)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit (1994)
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois (1984)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois (1984)
- Illinois Leading Lawyers (2003)